Sunday, December 6, 2009

October 28, 2009

Hey family! How is everyone doing? How goes the cold weather? Well down here in ol’ Sao Polo things are going great the language is coming and I’m working really hard to get it down even better! Quick question my socks shrink in the wash!? Anybody have any idea? Rasmussen family, if you need any socks for Rachel let me know I have like four pairs that would fit just perfect! Anyway back to the work ;) on Saturday teaching the members went really well the lord has really helped me pick up this language we taught them about how to pray and how God loves us why families are here and the o Livro de Mormon! Our teacher said we did really well with involving the "investigators" so we were really happy with that! Elder Scott came and talked to us this week! He talked about the importance of following the spirit when it tells you some thing! Then we all got to shake his hand! It was supper cool! So right now we are learning how to street contact, on this Friday we are going out! They give us 4 o Livros de Mormon to hand out and we can’t come back until they are handed out! I’m pretty excited, I’m super nervous they talk so dang fast and it’s some times hard to understand them! But the lord has already helped me out a lot so I know he will help me out now! Elder Smedley and I are staying really positive, when times get stressful we just crack a joke and it makes every thing better! So this week for what goes on hear in Brazil, every morning we have ham and cheese sandwiches with hot coco! I guess that is really common around hear! It gets kinda old, but its good for the most part! And every night after class at 9:30 we have cake and chocolate milk! Oh man oh man it’s so good! They make some crazy cake here like pineapple, guava apple; these are not very good at all. But they make a wicked lemon, chocolate chip, and spice cake. We have also had corn bread for cake and it’s really good! Oh yes and one last thing we just had a corn Popsicle! It was pretty good! Anyway thank you so much for all your support and love! The gospel is true! I know that Deus does hear our prayers and he loves all of us so much! Love the church and it will love you!

Elder Engh

No comments:

Post a Comment