Sunday, December 6, 2009

November 25, 2009

Oi there my family! Well its official I am on my mission! Joao Pessoa is beautiful! Its the second greenest city in the world so you can only imagine! The flight over hear was great! It was a three hour flight to Racife and then a half hour flight to Joao Pessoa! And for the first time I got to see the ocean from the air! It is so pretty! We met president Fernandes when we got to the mission home! He is such a funny guy! I already love him so much! We had dinner with his family and then we found out where we were going to serve who our companions were and where we were going to live! And then that night we slept at the Moroni House, it’s an apartment by the mission home. All the missionaries say that the first night is the worst so now that that is over its all down hill from hear! I was really surprised to find out that most of the American missionaries who have been hear for 9 months struggle with English and those who have been hear for over a year have to really think about what they are trying to say! So there is hope that I will learn Portuguese!!!!This morning we went to the bus station to be shipped all over Joao Pessoa and also our companions. It was really hard to say goodbye to Elder Smedley! He was an awesome Companion and we got along so well! My new companion is Elder Padiha. I have been told that he is the best missionary in the mission so I’m very happy about that! And I got exactly what I prayed for! He speaks very little English! So let the good times roll! We are serving in a suburb of Joao Pessoa. It is very pretty hear. I had my first lunch appointment hear and the food was amazing, it was rice and beans, with a meat that was way good I have no idea what it was but it tasted good! My apartment is very humble; you can tell that missionaries have lived in it! Just down the street from the apartment is the ocean it is so beautiful I can’t even tell you! The weather here is not too bad it is kinda hot but I’m not sweating to bad, there is a constant breeze so it’s nice! Well I’m sure excited to see what this week will bring and to see how much i learn this week! Please pray for me to learn Portuguese I need a lot of help!
Love Elder Engh

No comments:

Post a Comment