Sunday, December 6, 2009

November 30, 2009

Hello from Capadelo! Capadelo is the area where I am serving at! It is a smaller city just outside of Joao Pessoa kind of like sandy is just outside of Salt Lake City. It’s amazing here the people are amazing! They have been truly blessed for being members of the church! Our area is huge! We cover probably close to 15-20 square miles so we have a ton of people to contact! It’s really cool though we get to take a train to different parts of the area and a taxi everywhere else but don’t worry we do plenty of walking! Probable around 10-15 miles a day. We are very blessed to have taxis and trains! Most people around our house have heard our message so we travel a lot! We teach mostly children between the ages of 9-17 but we really try to teach men! We actually have a goal every day to contact so many men because the church really needs leaders! The kids love to hear me try and speak port agues they all laugh when I do. Its guaranteed that I will always say the prayer at the begging of the lesion and lunch appointment! It’s cool they also like to practice there English on me and then I get to laugh at them. My house is a two bedroom with a very small kitchen which is ok because we don’t really eat in it! We have a washing machine so don’t have to wash by hand. There are not very many bugs but tons and tons of ants and mosquitoes! Every night I have to put on repellent or else I will wake up with a thousand bits all over! No joke. Every day we eat lunch at a members house so I fill up there and will usually go till the end of the day the time for us to eat dinner is when we get home at 9 or 9:30 so I usually don’t eat dinner besides a banana same for breakfast! The fruit is amazing hear so much flavor to them! The U.S. has nothing on Brazil! And I’m not allergic to anything hear it’s wonderful! All of our lunch appointments are beans and rice with some kind of meet! Beans and rice are amazing I love them!The language is coming along! Elder Padilha is great! We are both trying to learn each other language so it can get kind of frustrating but everything eventually works out! Well I think that is everything! That has happened this week keep me posted on things back home!Love you all!
Elder Engh

No comments:

Post a Comment