Sunday, December 6, 2009

November 18, 2009

Hey all! Holy smokes one week from now I will be serving in Joao Pessoa!!! Crazy, I fly out Tuesday morning early and will spend the night with my mission president. On Wednesday I will be sent to my area! I’m pretty excited! My Portuguese is coming along! I can give the first three lessons and the law of chastity, tithing, and the word of wisdom, these are the three biggest problems in brazil! So with the help a companion who can speak Portuguese I think I will do really well! My week has been awesome! This last Friday we went proslighting in down town Sao Poulo! It was crazy nothing like it was by the ctm! If you have ever been to the black market in New York you have a very small idea of what I was in on Friday! It was crazy everyone was in a hurry to get to no were. But those who we talked to were really solid and really wanted to know more one guy actually called and set up an appointment to have the missionaries over while we were standing in front of him! The experience was so amazing! The way it felt to watch people get so excited about the gospel was so amazing! I’m so excited to be able to do this all day!Last night we had a broadcast from Provo again, Elder Holland talked. He is such a bold man! His talk was amazing. He said the world was a hospital and we are the doctors who just got out of school we don’t know much we have no experience but we go in the name of the great physician it. He said that it was time to grab our socks and grow up now! How we need to not do stupid things and how we must always remember that we are representing Christ in all we do! And yes he really did say stupid! And very powerfully! Well family it comes to that time when I must go but Know that I have a testimony in this gospel! The Book of Mormon is a true book it contains the teaching that we need to be able to return to live with our heavenly father! The atonement is real! Christ has suffered for us!
Go in faith!

Love Elder Engh

No comments:

Post a Comment