Sunday, December 6, 2009

November 11, 2009

Hey everybody! How are things going with every one! It’s so good to hear from every one thank you for your letters! As for me not much is going on down here! I officially have two weeks until I will be in the field teaching the gospel! Crazy eh! The language is coming along, this Friday we are going in to down town Sao Pallo to go street contacting so I guess I will really see how much I know! My classes are going great we have finished making all of our own lessons so now we get to practice like a horse! The more and more I am here the more I realize how much the Lord loves these people! They are so blessed and so humble about it! It amazes me! Yesterday we got word that we will not receive any more North American missionaries until December 1 and then it will only be one missionary! I guess the brazilin government is only allowing 20 visas a month the U.S! So I feel very blessed to be here! This week we got word from one of the missionary who is in Joao Passoa for the past six weeks. He said to get ready to die of heat and walk like crazy! He said that he walks around 26 miles a day! He told us to learn how to teach very simply because most of our lessons will be taught to children! The people have nothing and yet they want to give you every thing they have! The houses are very humble. He said to bring lots of bug spray because the mosquitoes will eat you alive! My p-day will be on Mondays. He said it is really amazing and was very excited to have us join him in the work! Thank you all for all of your love and support! If you send any letters after this Friday send them to the mission home. Love Elder Engh

No comments:

Post a Comment