Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One Month Out!

Well hey there family!How is everything going? I hope all is well, and it sounds like you are having fun up there! My week has been pretty good! This Saturday we get to teach investigators so I’m pretty excited, I’m way scared though I don’t know if i can speak good enough but all of the instructors say this is when the gift of tongues really come out cause we will say things we don’t know! And then next week we get to go tracting!!!! Ah wow pretty crazy! The language is coming much better! The lord is definitely helping me through this time in my life! That is about all the excitement in my life!So just a little bit about my amazing instructor; he heard about the church when he was 15, is parents forbid him to learn any more and that he was not to be baptized, however he would go to the temple every week to be taught and on his 18th birthday he was baptized. He severed a mission when he was 19 in Brazil. His family is still not active but will accept him! That is pretty much the way it is down hear for all the Brazilians. but this is not the end of his story he works full time goes to school full time, and lives 2 hours away from the ctm he gets a total of 4 hours of sleep a night, and that is if he can sleep. He has a ton of ulcers all over his stomach and can not lie down so he stands up. And all this time he has not complained once, in fact all he says is that the lord just keeps blessing him in so many different ways! He is an amazing guy. Brother Siva is his name.Anyway I love you all!

-Elder Engh

No comments:

Post a Comment